Sunday, March 20, 2011

Thyme of Death by Susan Wittig Albert

I really wanted to love this book, it's got a main character that owns a herbal shop, so I was hoping for lots of little tidbits about herbs. And there were, but not a lot and only what related directly to the story. I also wanted to love this book because there are about a gazillion books in this series and it would keep me busy lol. This book was alright, it took a while for it to really hook me. The characters were pretty good, I'm looking forward to getting to know them better. The plot was pretty straight forward, I had things more or less figured out. I'd rather things be a surprise but maybe I'm just getting good at this mystery stuff.

Rating: 3 stars, but I think I will read some more from this series and see what happens.

Recommendations: This author has another series, the Cottage Tales of Beatrix Potter, that looks intriguing so I'm going to check those out. And I think I will check out more of this series, Thyme was her first novel after all!

320 pages took me , I dunno about 3 hours spread out over a week (been *VERY*) busy with work lately!!

No comments:

Post a Comment