Monday, March 14, 2011

The Rowan by Anne McCaffrey

I have read this book many times and I still love it. It is the first book in the series, the next couple of books deals with Rowan's children and grand children. It's got a little of everything, psychics, romance, alien invasion, bureaucracy, even cats. This is not hard sci-fi, there are not a lot of technical details, but it's engaging and this universe is laid out in broad strokes. I love Anne McCaffrey, especially her earlier books. I'm sure I'll be re-reading and reviewing a bunch of her stuff. :) McCaffrey is one of the first scifi authors I ever read and is what firmly cemented my love of the genre.

Rating: 5 stars

Recommendations: The rest of the this series, the next book is Damia. And the series that McCaffrey is most famous for, the Dragonriders of Pern. I haven't read the most recent additions, specially the ones co-written with her son, but all the earlier stuff is great. Start with Dragonflight!

335 pages in 2 hours! McCaffrey is always a quick read for me, especially since I've read this before! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment