Saturday, March 12, 2011

The Heart of Wicca by Ellen Cannon Reed

This is one of my favorite Craft books. The author eloquently puts into words a lot of how I feel about Wicca. I completely agree with her thoughts on how serious the work that you do in the Craft should be. The author is thoughtful, giving clearly thought out ideas and rationales. A lot of how she says a coven and the Craft in general is right in line with how I, and my husband think. We often disparage the lack of good, serious thought provoking books about Wicca and especially tradition Wicca, and this book fills a void for us. This book has prompted a lot of good conversations, and not always because we agree with the author! It is not a "Wicca 101" book, it talks more about the philosophies and ethics behind what Wicca is all about. I simply cannot say too many good things about this book. I love that the author is not afraid to be force full with her opinions. She merely states that this is her opinion and runs with it. She has one of the best definitions of Initiation and the Mysteries and of symbols that I've seen just about anywhere. This is a great book!

Rating: absolutely 5 stars

Recommendations: Another book that is geared more for coven work; Wicca Covens by Judy Harrow.

127 pages, probably only an hour or so but I read and discussed this book over the course of several weeks.

No comments:

Post a Comment