Thursday, March 31, 2011

A Clue for the Puzzle Lady by Parnell Hall

I was really torn by this book. One on hand, I really enjoyed it. The mystery was excellent, there were *several* red herrings that totally threw you off the scent. I didn't predict who the murderer was or why it was committed. But, on the other hand, I really didn't like the main characters, Sherry and Cora. Sherry is fearful, bitter and a little prudish about her aunt, Cora who is a drunkard. I think I will probably read more in this series just because the mystery was so well done but I think I'll have to spread it out a little. I think Sherry will get a little more likable as time goes by.

Rating: 4 stars (I almost gave it three, but again the mystery was so well done!)

Recommendations: I'm going to go ahead and recommend the rest of this series, and since I'm sure this author has written other stuff I'll check that out too and let you know what I think!

289 ages took me about 2 and half hours

No comments:

Post a Comment