Saturday, March 12, 2011

Dial Om for Murder by Diana Killian


I really like this series. I didn't at first, the first book, Corpse Pose*, took me a while to like. I thought the main character, AJ, was a little hard. But after further thought I think that she is a much more real character than most others in the Cozy genre. Now, one of the reasons I like this genre is because the characters are a little lighter than usual, but this one finds a nice balance. The characters have flaws and problems that are serious but it still manages to be mostly light. I also enjoy the yoga info that is thrown into the story. The author has a habit of ending chapters in the cliff hanger fashion, so you just *have* to read on. This does not help my problem, which I call, "Just one more chapter syndrome." I can just one more chapter my way to the end of a book and next thing I know it 3 am and I have to work in 3 hours.

Rating: 4 stars

Recommendations: The rest of the series of course, the first book, Corpse Pose*, and the third book is Murder on the Eightfold Path. Diana Killian also has another series(?) Poetic Death Mysteries, the first book is High Rhymes and Misdemeanors.

276 pages took me about 2 and half hours.

No comments:

Post a Comment