Friday, May 13, 2011

Wildlife in the Garden by Gene Logsdon

I liked this book. I found the conversational style rather charming and definitely easy to read. There were also some very good ideas for an amateur wildlife watcher to use; like, making index card files of all of the species you observe around you. There was not a lot of technical detail, which is good, I don't think that most people need or want a lot of detail like that. I at least just want the general idea. I'm a smart person I can take it from there. If I want more technical details then I will find them. By the way, if you are looking for ideas on how to keep animals *out* of your garden look elsewhere. The title is not kidding, the whole idea is to include wildlife in your planning.

Rating: 4 stars

Recommendations: I got this book cause my library doesn't have Logsdon's new book, Holy Shit. I also picked up The Last of the Husbandmen, I'll let you know what I think later.

296 pages took me about 3 hours.

No comments:

Post a Comment