Saturday, May 28, 2011

City of Theives by David Benioff

I liked this book, it's not something I would normally have picked (it was lent to me by a co worker) but I liked it. The book is set in Leningrad during WWII, it gives a nice little window on what life in the city was like while it was under siege by the Germans. The tone of the book is kind of dark and morbidly humorous but still very human. Especially the main character's internal musings. I'm sure if you wanted to nitpick about historical details you could, but that wasn't the point of the story, it just gives a feel to the event. It gives us a window on what life then could have been like.

Rating: 4 stars

Recommendations: I'm not familiar with this author and this is not a genre I normally read so I've got nothing for you guys this time!

258 pages took me about 3 hours.

No comments:

Post a Comment