Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Nourishing Traditions by Sally Fallon

I really liked this book. Not so much for the recipes, although there were a lot of those that I'm going to try. But on each page are little sidebars, and they are chock full of information and stories. I got a lot of other books to read from those little sidebars! There were a few things I didn't like about this book. One was that although the author is advocating a return to a more traditional diet she includes a lot of fairly obscure and hard to get ingredients. I know that she wants us to avoid processed sugars and flours and such, but I think a compromise would be beneficial. I think that was what bothered me most, was that it was a little unbending. Also to completely change your eating habits is hard. I think a gradual change is good, and more realistic. The way this book is presented you either eat healthy whole foods or you are eating crap. And I didn't like that... I know that cheetoes are bad for me, lol but sometimes I want them anyway and I don't want to feel judged for that!

Rating: 5 stars

Recommended: There were a few books mentioned in this one that I want to check out. One was The Untold Story of Milk by Ron Schmid and Food is Your Best Medicine by Henry Beiler. I also want to check out The Fourfold Path to Healing by Sally Fallon.

688 pages, I'm not sure how long it took me, I didn't really read all the recipes lol but probably 5 or 6 hours!

2 comments: