Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Blonde With a Wand by Vicki Lewis Thompson

So, romance novels are my guilty pleasure. I read them because they are predictable, they always have a happy ending. That is comforting. This particular one was also fun. Lately I have been reading more supernatural oriented romance types. I used to know some romance writers and so I have a lot more respect for romance novels than I used to. Yes, there is a formula to these books, and they are predictable but that actually makes it more challenging to the author to make each book feel fresh and new. I like this author, I've read a few things that she has co written with others. This one was fun and had a cute concept. The main characters were likable and they both grew and changed over the course of the book.

Rating: 4 stars

Recommendations: There is a sequel to this book, Chick With a Charm.

336 pages took me about 2 hours

No comments:

Post a Comment