Friday, May 13, 2011

Sword of the Templars by Paul Christopher

Now I'm an easy sell for this sort of book. Action adventure with some conspiracies and ancient treasures and secret societies... the movie, National Treasure, excellent! Absurd... lol but excellent. That's how I feel about books in this genre. That being said, I think one was a touch more realistic than most. There weren't any wildly improbably action sequences, the main character does not seem super humanly smart or strong. The history behind the plot is interesting and seems well researched. I can go both ways in this genre, either stick with facts as well as you can. Or go completely off the deep end. Antarktos Rising* was a great example of that end of the spectrum.

Rating: 4 stars.I have a hard time giving anything in this thriller genre a 5 star rating cause I reserve 5 stars for something I will re-read. And this sort of book doesn't lend itself to that, once the big reveal has come you can't go back. So if you ever see a 5 star from me for this sort of book then definitely check it out!

Recommendations: Luckily this is the first book in a series! We have the Templar Cross, Templar Throne, and Templar Conspiracy too! Also Paul Christopher has a bunch of other works too that I liked.

352 pages took me about 3 hours

No comments:

Post a Comment