Friday, May 27, 2011

Out of the Dark by David Weber

I was really looking forward to this book, I like David Weber and enjoy some military sci-fi. This book started out great, Earth is attacked humanity courageously (and kind of futilely) fights back. Things go on, the aliens learn about our psychology and are dumbfounded. We keep fighting, things are not looking good. Then all of a sudden, mysteriously alien bases start being wiped out. I think, cool we have figured something effective out. The aliens think, the humans are getting help from another alien species. I wish the aliens had been right. Instead, in the last 3o or so pages.... Vampires show up. Yep, vampires... and not just any vampires, Dracula himself!! They kick the aliens ass, and some of them go off to attack their world. I couldn't believe it. Vampires???! I was thoroughly disgusted.

Rating: 1 star

Recommendations: Up till now, I would have said that anything by David Weber is good stuff. If you want some good stuff, read On Basilisk Station (book one of the Honor Harrington series) or Off Armageddon Reef (book one of the Safehold series).

381 pages 3 and a half hours.

No comments:

Post a Comment