Sunday, May 15, 2011

The Death of Chaos by L.E. Modesitt, Jr.

This is the sequel to The Magic of Recluse*. It completes the story of Lerris and his family. There is also a little bit more philosophy in this one, which I thought was interesting. The author talks about the nature of fairness, honesty, evil all sorts of things. This author doesn't draw a lot of hard and fast conclusions to these philosophical musings either, the characters implies understandings but doesn't usually state them outright. Leaving the reader to draw their own (if guided) conclusions. I didn't like this the first time I read some of the Recluse novels, it was too much work lol but I appreciate it more now :) But this book is not something I would read if I just wanted something fun and easy.

Rating: 4 stars

Recommendations: The rest of the Recluse Saga.

629 pages took me about 4 or 5 hours. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment