Wednesday, February 16, 2011

There Will Be Dragon by John Ringo


No despite the title this is not a fantasy novel! It's a sci-fi novel and an end of the world type at that (my favorite). In the very distant future people have virtually no wants or needs. Until the "Net" that provides everything for humans goes down (This is waaaay over simplifying things). Now the people best equipped to survive are the ones who studied or re enacted Roman, Renaissance, and modern (for us the reader) times. It is the first in a series and I'm a little worried that the story is going to get drug out too much... or else span multiple generations, neither of which I'd like.
Rating: I enjoyed this book. I'll give it 4 out of 5 stars.
Recommendations: I've only read a few things by Ringo, and that was in conjunction with another author David Weber (who I love). And that series was March Upcountry*, March to the Sea*, March to the Stars* and We Few*. I'll also finish this series, the next book is Against the Tide.
This one was about 600 pages and probably took me about 8 hours to read (in my defense I was sick)

No comments:

Post a Comment