Tuesday, February 8, 2011

If Walls Could Talk by Juliet Blackwell


Just finished, If Walls Could Talk. This is the first book in a new series. I enjoyed it, I liked and empathized with the main character, Mel. Mel is a general construction contractor, she's recently divorced and discovers she has "the sight" and can see/sense (some) ghosts. The ghost of a murdered associate starts haunting her and she is compelled to help him. In between solving murders Mel has to run her construction business and family concerns as well. I especially liked the descriptions of the construction aspects, and Mel's search for period treasures for restoring historical homes. There is a hint of romantic complications too for those of us who like that sort of thing too.
Rating:Over all I'll give this book, 4 out of 5stars, I liked it but didn't *love* it.
Recommendations: Juliet Blackwell has written two other books, Second Hand Spirits and Cast Off Coven*.
If you liked this, try Blackwell's other book, Second Hand Spirits,which is the first in that series. If you have a more paranormal bent, try The Trouble with Magic* by Madelyn Alt.

* indicates that I have read a book

No comments:

Post a Comment