Monday, February 21, 2011

Gunpowder Green by Laura Childs


I really want to like this book and this series. The characters should be engaging and interesting the mystery is well done. The scenarios intriguing.... But I just can't. Gunpowder Green is the second book in the Tea Shop Mysteries. And I should love them, but the writing is flat and uninteresting. I was actually able to put the book away just pages before the big reveal of who the murderer was! And I am someone who is almost *physically* incapable of putting a book down without finishing a chapter! I like the premise, I like the characters, I just can't get into the writing. There is no spark, no life to it. I do like Laura Child's other series, The Scrapbook Mysteries.
Rating: 3 out of 5 stars, it was OK.
Recommendations: Try the Scrapbook Mysteries, I read the first book (Keepsake Crimes) already and liked it a lot better!
244 pages and took me about 3 hours.

No comments:

Post a Comment