Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Photo Finished by Laura Childs


Well, this series is so much better than the Tea Shop one! The writing is just a little bit more crisp and there is some urgency. I have to say that the main character, Carmela, annoys me just a little. I want her to get over her (hopefully soon to be ex-husband!) but other than that she is a great character. This book is the 2nd in the scrapbook series, the first one was Keepsake Crimes*. There is just a little bit more zest to this book, although the pace is still a little languid. I wonder if it's because it's set in the South? And while I do like this one, I am pretty indifferent to the whole scrap booking angle, but I do like all the food that she includes! lol

Rating: 4 out of 5 stars

Recommendations: The rest of the scrapbook mysteries. This author has another series too, the Cackleberry mysteries... I have the first book but I haven't read it yet!

260 pages about 3 hours.

1 comment: