Saturday, February 26, 2011

8 Steps to a Pain Free Back by Esther Gokhale


This was an interesting book, it was actually recommended to me by my doctor . There were some good tips and exercises in it. The author stated that she wanted to make her techniques available to everyone. And for the most part she succeeded, the exercises are clearly described and there are lots of photos. But, I think you need the feedback of a professional to really achieve good results. I have no way of knowing if I am performing any of the techniques correctly, although the author does include trouble shooting tips and signals that you are doing things incorrectly. It's still very helpful, it helped with some of my back pain! But what it really did for me was make me wish I could take her class. I would recommend this book to others with back pain for sure!

Rating: 4 out of 5 stars

No recommendations this time.

I don't know how long this took me to read, probably not long but I didn't read it straight through and re read a lot of sections!

2 comments:

  1. You can view the Gokhale Method Foundations course schedule here: https://egwellness.com/class-locations

    The course is taught every year in Oregon, so keep checking the website!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Andrea, I will definitely do that!

    ReplyDelete