Wednesday, February 16, 2011

The Diva Runs Out of Thyme by Krista Davis


I really enjoyed this book. I finished it last week and then promptly got sick. So my review is a little late. I enjoyed the characters although I felt almost like there were too many to really get a feel for everyone. I'm really looking forward to the next books in the series so I can get to know everyone better. The main character Sophie, was sophisticated enough to be interesting but normal enough to seem like someone you might know. And her "nemesis" Natasha was a Martha Stewart clone, I truly enjoyed their rivalry.
So, rating: 4 out 5 stars, not a book I would keep for all time, but highly enjoyable.
Recommendations; the rest of the series (so far!) The Diva Takes the Cake, The Diva Paints the Town and, The Diva Cooks a Goose. They are definitely on my list of things to read and luckily my library carries all three! I've got a couple of books in the queue that are of a similar looking nature, main character is a chef/caterer/decorator etc so I'll let you know how they compare.

300 pages took me about 3 hours to finish. (Understand that I'm not timing every minute, I'm only approximating.)

No comments:

Post a Comment