Thursday, June 16, 2011

Voluntary Simplicity by Duane Elgin

I have to say, I was completely underwhelmed by this book. I was excited to get it from Amazon, it had been on my wish list. I can really remember very little specifics on this book, I read it over the course of a couple of nights and found myself nodding off each time (this *never* happens to me). I did like the central idea of this book, that you can live a more fulfilling life if you are mindful of it. But the way it was presented, I found completely uninspiring. I wanted something that had some actual practical applications that I could use in my own life; ideas, meditations, suggestions, something!

Rating: 1 star

Recommendations: There are lots of other simplicity books out there and I will maybe check them out eventually but at the moment I am turned off by the whole idea.

240 pages, I'm not sure how long this took me, abut 2 hours I think

No comments:

Post a Comment