Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Emerald Sea by John Ringo

Once again a strong effort from John Ringo, I've liked everything of his so far. Like I said for Against the Tide*, I read this one and that one out of order. But it was fine. This one doesn't have the same battles and tactics and strategizing that the other two books had but I still liked it. I think that of the three books I've read in the series this one had the least action. There was a lot of training and figuring out doctrines in this one, which was interesting but not as exciting the other books. There didn't seem to be the same sense of urgency in this one as in the others.

Rating: 4 stars

Recommendations: The rest of the Council Wars series. Start with There Will be Dragons.

600 pages in about 5 hours

* denotes a book I have read and reviewed on this blog

No comments:

Post a Comment