Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Acts of Violets by Kate Collins

This is one of the first cozy mystery series I ever read. I really enjoy them, the writing is witty and fast paced. The mystery was fairly clever (although, it's never who you initially think it is so you can discount them) but the best part are the relationships between the characters. There are a few things that I don't care for, one the main character, Abby, is at one time very pig headed and so convinced that she is correct to the point of recklessness, and two (and at the same time) her self esteem is very. She considers herself a failure. I hope the author works on this and has the character grow!

Rating: 4 stars

Recommendations: The first book in this series is Sleeping with Anemones. This series reminds me of the Psychic Eye series by Victoria Laurie.

320 pages took me about 2 and half hours.

No comments:

Post a Comment