Sunday, June 19, 2011

Against the Tide by John Ringo

So I read this book out of order, I should have read Emerald Sea* first, this is actually book 3 of the series. But that being said, all of the books in this series can be read as stand alone novel. They are *better* in order, a little richer and deeper. I actually wondered when I started it why there was such a gap between this book and (what I thought was) the last one and why there were so many events that were referred to that we as readers hadn't hard about lol but once I went back and read Emerald Sea I was fine. I really enjoyed this book, but so far I have enjoyed all of Ringo's books. I tend to like the navy more than army type of military fiction. This one had plenty of action and good dialogue, and I really like all of the characters. But I would recommend that you read this one *third* in the series.

Rating: 4 stars

Recommendations: The first two books are There Will Be Dragons*, and Emerald Sea*, with East of the Sun West of the Moon finishing up the series. I'm also going to start the Posleen War series soon the first book on that one is A Hymn Before Battle.

550 pages in 4 hours

* denotes a book I have read and reviewed on this blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment