Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Inside of a Dog by Alexandra Horowitz

This was a fascinating book. I learned a lot about the way dogs smell/see/hear the world. Her descriptions of how dogs play and interact with each other, their people and their world was interesting. I liked the way that the author described little vignettes of her life with her own dog. I also liked how she tried to balance having a scientists objectivity with a dog owners love of her dog. I think that balance is important and difficult to do. I get frustrated with the scientific point of view that tries to reduce things down to the most simple answer but I know that that is the point of science. But as a dog owner I also know that my dogs are thinking feeling creatures, just because they can't speak doesn't mean I don't know that.

Rating: 4 stars

No recommendations right now!

384 pages in about 4 hours

No comments:

Post a Comment