Sunday, September 6, 2009

Women's Mysteries

I've been pondering "women's mysteries" lately.... I'm a little conflicted about the term (I'm a little conflicted about a lot of terms though, so much baggage!). The term makes things sound so grand and mysterious... and that's not how I feel. I feel tired and yucky and pissed off because I am two weeks early! I have cramps, I've been alternating between bitchy and weepy and I'm supposed to celebrate my womanhood or some such??! All I want to do is stay in bed with a book and some tea and not talk to anything male. And to be fair not a whole lot of females either. But here is where I agree with the whole mystery thing... men do not get it. They can try to understand and be sympathetic but in the end they can never understand it because they cannot experience it and that is what lies at the heart of a mystery tradition.
So I know that my experience of something depends on my mind set but I have a terrible time finding something positive in my monthly visitor. Oh no, I take that back... every month I tell myself, thank the Gods I'm not pregnant! I've been there, done that. And it was the final nail in the coffin of any hopes of having children. There is *NO WAY* I would go through that for nine months. And I know, I will now forever miss out on the "mystery of childbirth" but I'm ok with that.

No comments:

Post a Comment