Sunday, September 27, 2009

To be or not to be.... fat

So recently my husband has decided that I should lose some weight. Now, I wouldn't mind losing a few pounds but mainly I just need to be in better shape. I want to give my muscles some tone and basically just rearrange the pounds I have. But I am surprised by how much this opinion of his has hurt me.... I find myself dwelling on my weight and I *feel* fat... I refuse to be become one of those women who counts calories and is constantly obsessing about my weight but I just feel fat... and pissed that I feel that way when I am clearly *NOT* fat. I don't really believe in dieting. I think that if you eat sensibly and get some exercise you should be fine. The problem is that I don't really get very get much exercise. I do yoga a few times a week (most weeks!) but not a whole lot else. Every time I mention getting a gym membership or something I met with out right denial or just apathy. I don't know how to explain to my husband that I need his support of this. I don't need to be told that I eat too much sour cream and yet hear nothing about what we can do to be active. This whole problem has impacted our intimate life as well, it's hard to be in the mood when I feel fat...I don't know what to do!

No comments:

Post a Comment