Tuesday, September 22, 2009

BoS

I have a dilemma, I have a, so called, book of shadow (I don't like that term btw, I think it's kind of silly and pretentious but anyway... ) And I have put things in it. But not a lot. And the reason is this: Do I put *everything* in it so it's kind of an all in one encyclopdia of all things witchy *or* do I only put in things that are unique to myself; my own rituals, thoughts, what works what doesn't etc.... My first instinct is to put everything in there... but then that's why I own so many books. Why write it all out again? I tell myself that I can distill, summarize and present the information that I want better my own way. But again, the information is still available to me, just not in one place. And my other dilemma is this, my own personal book is a regular book format (the coven book is not, it's in binder format) so I can only enter information in as I think of it. With the coven book I can have *sections* and go back and keep like information together. I am thinking that the coven book will eventually be the all in one witchy encyclopedia and that my own book will have to be less than that. But this does not seem very satisfying.

No comments:

Post a Comment