Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Basic Butchering of Livestock & Game by John Mettler

This isn't exactly the sort of book you can just read. It is much more a manual than that. But I wanted to get sort of the flavour of the book. It gives, fairly clearly and concisely instructions on how to kill, dress, and butcher just about any sort of meat animal. There are some nice diagrams to further illustrate. There are also some recipes for cooking various cuts of meats, but there are other better books for that. I learned a few things and I think, when we have livestock of our own, this book will be valuable.

Rating: 5 stars

Recommendations: I don't really have any, I think now I would like more cooking/preparing/storing type of books. Any suggestions?

208 pages took me only about an hour, but like I said this isn't really a book to just read :)

No comments:

Post a Comment