Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Arrows of the Queen by Mercedes Lackey

This is one of my all time favorite books. I've read it, I don't know how many times! It is a nice simple read, the plot is fairly uncomplicated. If it weren't for a little bit of sex (alluded to, not actually described) then I would call it a young adult novel. Also, I read this the first time when I was 12 or 13 (the same age as the protagonist) and was reading a story about *talking* magical horses. What teenage girl wouldn't love that??? Now this is the first of the Valdemar novels. I think there are better books in the series (this was Lackey's first book after all!) but I will always love this one.

Rating: 5 stars of course

Recommendations: The rest of this trilogy is, Arrow's Flight and Arrow's Fall. My favorite Valdemar books, are probably the Mage Storms Trillogy, and the Vows and Honor Dualogy.

320 pages, maybe took me 2 hours but I've read it so many times it's hard to say.

No comments:

Post a Comment