Sunday, October 25, 2009

Kids and the Craft

Now let me preface this by saying, I don't have kids, I don't even really like kids all that much and I don't plan on *ever* having kids, so...
I've recently been reading Wicca Covens by Judy Harrow. (Great book btw!) And one of the most interesting chapters so far has been about kids in the Craft. She expressed all my reservations and doubts about having kids in ritual. Ritual is an act of *clergy.* It is *not* like taking your kids to church. I think it wildly inappropriate to take a kid into Circle. I initially liked the idea of a "moonschool" but I don't think it should be anything more than an introduction the the Gods and phases of moon and sun and nature. And don't even get me started on Magic and spells. A lot of adults can't handle spells and magic so kids absolutely aren't mature enough for that. And finally, do you really *want* your kids talking about the Craft, they will! Or they will be very secretive about it and that just doesn't seem healthy to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment