Friday, January 6, 2012

Charmed to Death by Shirley Damsgaard

I like the concept of this series. And for the most part I like the characters, and the writing; although I figured out who the killer was about half way through. The main character annoys me however. She is supposed to be learning about her psychic abilities but she regularly and deliberately ignores her own intuition, and then complains about how unclear her abilities are!! She is also so consumed with protecting her loved ones. Which is understandable except she also goes out of her way to show how capable they are! But overall I did enjoy this book and this series (this is book two) but I'm only going to give it three stars since I figured out the killer and his/her motivation so early.

Rating: 3 stars

Recommendations: The first book in this series is Witch Way to Murder. Although if you're looking for an even better paranormal series check out Madelyn Alt's Bewitching Mysteries, book one is The Trouble with Magic.

304 pages took about 3 hours.

No comments:

Post a Comment