Wednesday, September 9, 2009

It's the End of the World

I love end of the world/post apocalyptic stories. Love them, although I find most of the characters in them stupid and/or annoying. It's one of my husbands and I's favorite games to play. It's also one of the reasons why I choose to raise my own food etc. Not because I think the end of the world is coming but just in case.... I simply like the idea that if something *did* happen, something really catastrophic, we would be alright. My favorite scenario is what if, one morning, you woke up and found that the cast majority (let's say 99 out of every 100 people) just... disappeared? We like this scenario because it's neatest (no dead bodies, no chance of catching a plague or whatever). I like to think that our life would be able to go on a lot like it always did. Animals still need to be fed and watered.... I just like the idea of sustainability. I would like to be able to support my own lifestyle, and the way I look at it. If I'm producing a lot of the things I need, that gives me more money to spend on things I want to have/do. Next time I'll list some of my favorite books/movies. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment